Intern And Mentorship Programme
The goal of the internship programme is to afford individuals a head start with their careers in the broad field of Environmental Management; and give back by contributing to the development of a local (South African) and professional skills base.
The objective is to provide new graduates an opportunity to enter the workplace under the guidance and mentorship from a senior consultant; in the interest of transferring knowledge and experience to the new incumbent and the promotion of professionalism within the industry.
The intern will be exposed to some of the following aspects:
- A basic overview of Environmental Law, Environmental Authorisations and Environmental Management Plans including their interpretation and application,
- Environmental compliance monitoring and auditing, including site inspections and report writing,
- Record and document control,
- General knowledge of project-specific impacts, including their prevention,correction, or enhancement,
- Terrestrial Ecology Assessments,
- Conduct on duty, including participation within a professional/project team,
- Establishing and maintaining open channels of communication (liaising) with the client, contractor, government officials and other interested and affected parties or stakeholders, including conflict resolution,
- Recording and distributing minutes of meetings,
- Planning and time scheduling,
- Phases of the EIA process including Public Participation,
- Research/Investigation, and
- Office administration including scanning, faxing, printing, etc.
Conditions of Internship
- Ecoleges offers internships to qualified post-graduates in the field of environmental science, environmental management and nature conservation,
- Have good planning, administration, written and oral communication, IT and use of MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Google research skills.
- Be able to work in a cultural mosaic (multi-cultural team) and under pressure.
- A valid Code B driving license is absolutely essential.
- Interns are expected to treat the contents of all files, correspondence and documents, written and electronic, as confidential.
How to apply
- If you are interested in applying for an internship kindly complete the Online Form below.
- Note that receipt of applications will not be acknowledged in writing and that copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Your details will be captured on a candidate database (waiting list) and you will only be contacted if you meet the requirements for a position that comes up in the future.